The Kentucky Open Source Society (KYOSS)
The KY Open Source Society is a community of enthusiasts, knowledge seekers, professionals, amateurs, and anyone else who has an interest in Open Source software and Open Source philosophies.
We meet in-person on the 2nd Wednesday of each month:
- 6:30pm US Eastern time
- 700 N Hurstbourne Pkwy, Louisville, KY, 40222 USA
- First floor: the 700 room
- You can walk in either entrance to the building; the conference room is on the same floor as the entrace doors.
- The conference room is easy to find: it has floor-to-ceiling glass walls and glass doors.
We tend to have one or two scheduled presentations, and there is generally lots of open questions, discussion. Beginners and experts are welcome!
Our meeting space is generously provided by Tek Systems.
Our November meeting will feature the following presentations:
- Weight Initialization Methods for Neural Networks by Ida Karem
- Editing Plaintext Tables with Emacs & OrgMode by William Lindley
- StormM (a Manjaro XFCE respin) by Ben Fitzpatrick
- Google Group mailing list
- This mailing list is where most of our announcements, information, and discussions take place.
- Pull requests are welcome, especially on the website repository!
- GitLab: GitLab: It is an alternative to GitHub
- Gitter Chat
- The Meetup group exists, but is secondary to the KYOSS mailing list and this web site.
- Facebook Group
- Java Users Group
- StormOS Website
- Python Community